Webinar description – Edge Computing –
Where the Network Meets the Cloud
“Edge computing” is a new paradigm, putting servers and storage at the “edge” of the network, rather than in huge but remote “hyperscale” data-centres. This enables applications, or IoT systems, to access cloud resources with lower latencies, more local control, less load on transport networks and other benefits.
Telcos are looking at a “multi-access edge computing” (MEC) approach, putting compute functions near cell-towers or network aggregation nodes, while other industry participants are looking at localised data-centres – or even on-premise “private edge” facilities.
- How is this market going to play out?
- Can the telecoms industry combine MEC with 5G and fixed networks to sell low-latency cloud services to enterprises and content companies?
- Will the major cloud players develop their own solutions?
- What is the role of network suppliers and software aggregators?
- What do developers actually want?
In our upcoming webinar we will discuss how edge computing will come to the market, the future value-chain, and the opportunities for mobile and fixed operators to grow revenue from this new cloud sector.
Edge Computing – Where the Network Meets the Cloud
You are invited to attend our webinar free-of-charge via our Virtual Classroom:
‘Edge Computing – Where the Network Meets the Cloud’
Date: April 4th 2019
Time (two sessions): 10 – 11 am CET and 4 – 5 pm CET
Speaker: Dean Bubley
- Definitions & standards
- Whose edge is it, anyway?
- Fit with 5G, NFV & IoT
- Opportunities, challenges & strategy issues
Who is Dean Bubley?
Dean Bubley is founder and director of independent telecoms analysis firm and consultancy Disruptive Analysis. A frequent speaker and commentator on telecoms issues, he has a broad coverage area and often contrarian opinions – reflecting his alter-ego @disruptivedean. Previously, he was Chief Analyst and Director of Consulting for Datamonitor, and also worked for Credit Lyonnais and Granville Baird as an equity analyst covering telecoms & software stocks.
Disruptive Analysis is a research house and advisory boutique, focusing on telecoms, IT and technology domains.
It focuses on:
• Business strategy development and planning
• “Stress-testing” of business concepts and plans
• Regulatory and governmental affairs
• Linking telecoms to broader “futurism” trends in technology and society
• Market analysis and due diligence
To sign up for this webinar, please click on the button below or send us an email to email@example.com
Let us know which session you would like to attend (10 am or 4 pm CET).
Due to the limited availability of seats, early registration is strongly recommended to ensure your participation.
Registration closes on Monday 1st of April.
We hope to see you soon in our FREE webinar!