Virtual Classroom Training
*Prices exclude VAT
Talk to us about our volume discounts and corporate rates.
Subscription pricing options are now available.
The Edge Computing in 5G course describes various ways and technologies to implement and/or facilitate Edge Computing in the 5G System. Both 3GPP and ETSI (European Telecommunication Standardization Institute) have done standardization work aiming at implementing, facilitating and/or integrating Edge Computing in the 5G System. The course accounts for these standardization efforts and their relationship to each other.
Important note: The course is not about the possible edge applications themselves, e.g. V2X, AR/VR or manufacturing. The course is about how the 5G System can support these applications being deployed at the edge of the network.
5G System – a Short Repetition
- Short repetition of the 5G architecture, Network Functions (NFs), Data Networks (DNs), PDU Sessions etc
- Application Server (AS) vs Application Function
- PDU Session Anchor (PSA) and Data Network Access Identifier (DNAI)
The Service Based Architecture
- Communication between NFs in the Service Based Architecture
- Service Based Interfaces (SBI) and APIs
- NF Services and Service Operations
- NF Service Consumer vs NF Service Producer
PDU Session Establishment and Modification
- Procedures at PDU Session Establishment and Modification
- Role of UL CL (Uplink Classifier) or BP (Branching Point)
- Reasons for modification
- Session and Service Continuity (SSC) Modes
- NF Services provided by SMF (Session Management Function)
Network Exposure and AF Influence on Traffic Routing
- Role of the Network Exposure Function (NEF)
- NF Services provided by NEF and AF
- Information exchange between NEF and AF
- The N33 reference point
- Central vs Local part of Data Network
5G System Enhancements for Edge Computing (3GPP TS 23.548)
- New functionality included in 3GPP TS 23.548
- The Edge Application Server (EAS)
- Edge DNS Client (EDC) and Edge Hosting Environment (EHE)
- The Edge Application Server Discovery Function (EADSF)
Architecture for Enabling Edge Applications (3GPP TS 23.558)
- New functionality included in 3GPP TS 23.558
- Edge Data Network (EDN)
- Edge Enabler Layer (EEL)
- Edge Enabler Client (EEC) and Edge Enabler Server (EES)
- Edge Configuration Server (ECS)
- Service Based Interfaces and APIs
- Relevant procedures e.g. Service Provisioning, Discovery, Registration
- Relationship to 5G Core Service Based Architecture, e.g. NEF (Network Exposure Function)
Interested in this course?
Please select the delivery format of your interest below and fill in the form.
We will contact you very soon with further information.