You will also learn how IKE operates to create Security Associations. Labs and demonstrations are performed to demonstrate how to monitor IPsec and how to troubleshoot IKE.
Anyone needing a detailed understanding of how IPSec creates secure communication over IP networks.
General knowledge in IP networking, such as our course “TCP/IP”.
This is a theoretical training with practical exercises.
NOTE: This course is not delivered with the FoldOut methodology.
Concepts and Terminology in IP Security
- End-to-end security
- Symmetric vs asymmetric encryption
IPsec, a Layer 3 VPN Protocol
- Transport and tunnel mode
- AH – Authentication Header
- ESP – Encapsulating Security Payload
- ISAKMP/IKE – Internet Key Exchange
- IKE Phase 1 and 2
- SA – Security Association
Manual keying vs Diffie Hellman
- Encryption Issues – Picking Parameters
- AES, 3DES, RC4, SHA-1, MD5
- Firewalling and Security
Digital signatures and certificates
- Digital signatures
- CA – Certification Authority Theory
- Configuring Certificates and Certificate Support Chain certificates
Stream vs block ciphers
- PKI, RSA
SSL, a Layer4 VPN protocol
- SSLv3 vs TLSv1
- Handshake protocol
- Record protocol
- 1-way and 2-way authentication