As telecommunications evolves and becomes increasingly pervasive in society, cybersecurity will need constant vigilance. Security in the era of 5G is going to require continuous assessment and mitigation to ensure that all vulnerabilities and threats are managed proactively.
It is important to that we look at security holistically from local to international, from operations to supply chain and dependencies.
This 3-day course is focused providing tools to understand, assess and mitigate the threats and vulnerabilities within a holistic view as Security is all encompassing.
Introduction to 5G/LTE and light reading on TCP/IP Protocol- recommended but not essential.
NOTE: This course is not delivered with the FoldOut methodology.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
RAN, IP and Packet Core Engineers, Planners and Middle Management.
BENEFITS FOR DELEGATES
After this course the delegate will be able to:
- Understand the different Security Technical components and functions and how they can be applied
- Explain the technical description of RAN (Radio Access Network) and core network separation regarding security in 5G.
- Explain the differences of authentication and key management across 2G/3G/4G and 5G.
- Assess options to secure subscriber’s credentials and authentication.
- Explain Telco and Hybrid Cloud Security.
- Evaluate software-defined networking solutions for next generation cellular networks within in the context of securing and managing the control plane.
- Identify Mobile and Internet Protocol threats.
- Develop Holistic Security strategies.
BENEFITS FOR THE INDUSTRY/ORGANIZATION
- Trained engineers equipped with strategies to manage the new Security challenges
- Digital professionals with expanded knowledge platform
- Assurance of best practices and compliance.
- Developed security toolset to integrate into an existing strategy for new technology segments.
WHAT MAKES THIS COURSE DIFFERENT?
- Delegates will have an opportunity to explore the topic by industry expert driven content.
- Real world case studies and scenarios are used to ensure delegates can practically apply their knowledge
- Cutting edge information delivered by future thinkers and influencers
Day 1 – Understanding Security Concepts and terms
Holistic Security technology
- TCP/IP overview
- Role Base Authentication
- Firewall and zones
- Log Collection
Day 2 – Focused on 5G Security Terminology
- 5G Authentication
- Concepts of SUPI and SUCI
- Diameter Security
- Differences in 2G/3G/4G and 5G
- Usage of OP/OPc and transport key
- RAN Security
- Telco Cloud Considerations
- Virtualization Security
- VNF/CNF security
- Hardware Secure Modules for Cloud deployments
Day 3 – Understanding the Real-world Security Concerns
5G Security Vulnerabilities
- OTA and eSIM
- SS7 /Diameter
- Radio access network
- Cloud Network
- Addressing Category Type 1,2,3 threats
- Fraud Use Case Examples (Sim Swap, Wangiri, Sim Boxes)
5G Security Architecture
- Holistic Overview
- Security Strategy
- Importance of Security Operations Centre
- Honey Potting
- DDoS protection Internally and externally
- Local and International data protection