Virtual Classroom Training
*Prices exclude VAT
Talk to us about our volume discounts and corporate rates.
Subscription pricing options are now available.
This condensed Open RAN course is the perfect way to kick-start your path on the Open RAN journey, regardless of your end goal. Perhaps you are aiming for an expert level of knowledge, and this is your first stepping stone, or you just want to keep up with the buzz and learn what is going on at the current forefront of the mobile evolution. It focuses on establishing important technical concepts and terms, and on putting Open RAN into context by relating it to use cases and current technology trends.
Open RAN in Half a Day provides enough foundation to be able to navigate the technical terms used to discuss the Open RAN concept. It allows you to understand the technical architecture and principles of O-RAN as specified by the O-RAN Alliance.
This course also exists in a shorter version, Open RAN in an Hour.
Note: This course is not delivered with the FoldOut methodology.
What is Open RAN and Why?
- Traditional “non-open” RANs
- What is the meaning of an “Open” RAN?
- Which are the technical and business drivers for Open RAN?
- Who is the O-RAN Alliance and how does it relate to 3GPP?
O-RAN Architecture and Principles
- O-RAN Overall Logical Architecture
- Some useful definitions: O-CU, O-DU and O-RU
- Non-real time and Near-real time control loops
The Management Layer
- What needs to be managed in a RAN?
- 5G QoS framework: PDU Sessions and QoS Flows
- Service Management and Orchestration (SMO)
- Non-RT RIC (RAN Intelligent Controller) and rApps
- Near-RT RIC, xApps and Policies
- AI and ML basics
- The A1 and O1 interfaces
The gNB and its Interfaces
- Higher vs Lower Layer split of the gNB
- 3GPP interfaces: F1-C, F1-U and E1
- O-RAN interfaces: Open FH, E2, O1
- Cloud and Virtualization basics
- RAN Network Functions in Regional Clouds and Edge Clouds
- The O2 interface
- Open RAN challenges
Interested in this course?
Please select the delivery format of your interest below and fill in the form.
We will contact you very soon with further information.