It focuses on what SD-WAN is, the technology, the benefits, how to compare vendors and some of the challenges with SD-WAN, as well as putting SD-WAN into context by comparing it with other current WAN technologies.
- IT Managers
- Network Engineers
- Solution Architects
Understanding of principles behind WAN.
NOTE: This course is not delivered with the FoldOut methodology.
- What is WAN?
- How does it look today?
- What is SDN?
An Overview of SD-WAN
- What is SD-WAN?
- SD-WAN Technology Drivers
- SD-WAN Business Drivers
- Customer Use Cases
- Key trends
The essentials of SD-WAN Architecture
- What do Enterprises Need in an SD-WAN Architecture?
- Types of SD-WAN Architecture and their functional components
- The Importance of Security
- The Primary Benefits of SD-WAN Technology
- SD-WAN vs. SDN
- SD-WAN vs. MPLS: The Pros and Cons of Both Technologies
- Open Source SD-WAN
- SD-WAN as a Service
- Difference Between Hybrid WAN and SD-WAN
- Key Vendors
- Service Providers
- How to Choose the Ideal SD-WAN solution
- How to Choose the Ideal SD-WAN: Key Questions
- Market Forecast
- Connecting Enterprise to Cloud Services
- Connectivity Options
- Topology Options
- Maximizing the Performance Benefits of Using Heterogeneous Networks
- Migrating to SD-WAN
- Monitoring SD-WAN
Next steps, challenges and benefits of SD-WAN
- How is SD-WAN evolving?
- What are the interoperability and stability challenges?
- How does SD-WAN optimize and make app performance visible?
- Impact on Internet of Everything, 5G and Beyond
SD-WAN Summary and Q&A
- Course Summary