Virtual Classroom Training
*Prices exclude VAT
Talk to us about our volume discounts and corporate rates.
Subscription pricing options are now available.
Complex practical troubleshooting and optimization activities are made simple using monitoring tools, such as TEMS Investigation, and log-files recorded in live networks. Throughout the course a number of signalling scenarios are analyzed, showing both successful and failed scenarios.
NOTE: Participants are required to have a Windows laptop.
Who should attend?
This course is targeted at telecom professionals working on troubleshooting, quality assessment, optimization, and OAM of E-UTRA.
EPS Overview and E-UTRAN Protocol Architecture
- Mobile network evolution: GSM to EPS
- Network nodes, areas, bearer concepts and identity numbers introduced for EPS
- EPS interfaces and protocols
- E-UTRA frequency bands and UE capabilities
- Logical, Transport and Physical channels and their relation to the radio interface protocol stack
- X2, S1 and S11-interface protocol stacks
Uu-Interface (E-UTRA Radio Interface) Protocols
- NAS procedures (EMM and ESM)
- RRC procedures
- UE states and state transitions (NAS and RRC)
- PDCP and RLC protocols
- MAC and E-UTRA Scheduling
- Dynamic scheduling and semi-persistent scheduling
- E-UTRA Physical Layer
The X2 Interface
- X2 Application Protocol (X2AP) procedures
- Inter cell interference cooperation
- Data forwarding and in-order delivery of data PDUs at handover
- Cell Reselection procedure
- Tacking Area Update
- Measurement Control & Reporting
- LTE Events
- Handover between eNodeBs
- Interworking with legacy R8 or pre-R8 3GPP networks
- CS Fallback
E-UTRAN Signalling Procedures and Hands-on Exercises
- Random access procedure
- RRC connection establishment
- Attach procedure, incl. establishment of default EPS bearer and security associations
- Dedicated Bearer activation
- Mobility and Interworking
- Troubleshooting Case Studies
Interested in this course?
Please select the delivery format of your interest below and fill in the form.
We will contact you very soon with further information.