A one-day modular course that covers the OpenStack Swift and Cinder programs in detail. The course candidates will get to learn about the inner workings of OpenStack storage concepts and get to use their very own OpenStack installation via the Horizon and the CLI. The course is designed as 50% theory and 50% labs so the candidates get a good understanding of the reference model storage components and concepts, including the Swift and Cinder over LVM. The candidates will have the ability to test the functions and capabilities, and get an overview of storage troubleshooting.
Strong understanding of general storage concepts, practical implementation of storage devices, basic understanding of higher level storage virtualisation, good linux configuration and troubleshooting skills.
NOTE: This course is not delivered with the FoldOut methodology.
Basic OpenStack Storage Overview
- Overview of Storage in OpenStack
- Swift in Detail
- Cinder in Detail
- Overview of Client Storage Requirements
- Solution = CEPH
- Configuring and using Swift via the GUI and CLI
- Installing CEPH
- Connecting CEPH to OpenStack
Cloud, SDN And NFV
- Cloud, NFV and SDN
- Network Function Virtualization – Architecture and Principles
- SDN and Open Networking
- OpenStack for Administrator
- Understanding OpenStack
- Linux Container Essentials
- OpenSource Unified Storage – Advanced Level
- OpenStack Deployment and Orchestration – Advanced level
- OpenStack Networking – Advanced level
- OpenStack Storage – Advanced level