This course provides a detailed understanding of security techniques such as Authentication and Encryption. After the course, you will be able to understand how IPsec operates and the two main protocols AH and ESP. You will also learn how IKE operates to create Security Associations. Labs and demonstrations are performed to demonstrate how to monitor IPsec and how to troubleshoot IKE.
Anyone needing a detailed understanding of how IPSec creates secure communication over IP networks.
General knowledge in IP networking, such as our course “TCP/IP”.
This is a theoretical training with practical exercises.
NOTE: This course is not delivered with the FoldOut methodology.
Concepts and Terminology in IP Security
• End-to-end security
• Symmetric vs asymmetric encryption
IPsec, a Layer 3 VPN Protocol
• Transport and tunnel mode
• AH – Authentication Header
• ESP – Encapsulating Security Payload
• ISAKMP/IKE – Internet Key Exchange
• IKE Phase 1 and 2
• SA – Security Association
Manual keying vs Diffie Hellman
• Encryption Issues – Picking Parameters
• AES, 3DES, RC4, SHA-1, MD5
• Firewalling and Security
Digital signatures and certificates
• Digital signatures
• CA – Certification Authority Theory
• Configuring Certificates and Certificate Support Chain certificates
Stream vs block ciphers
• PKI, RSA
SSL, a Layer4 VPN protocol
• SSLv3 vs TLSv1
• Handshake protocol
• Record protocol
• 1-way and 2-way authentication