IoT in 4G and 5G in an Hour
This course presents the overview of Machine-Type Communication (MTC) features for the Cellular Internet of Things (CIoT) as specified by 3GPP for 4G and 5G networks.
Buy now or contact us about our volume discounts and corporate rates.
*Prices exclude VAT
This 1-hour course presents the overview of Machine-Type Communication (MTC) features for the Cellular Internet of Things (CIoT) as specified by 3GPP for 4G and 5G networks.
It briefly describes selected enhancements for the radio and core network, new radio technologies like LTE-M and NB-IoT, and other related topics. The focus is on Massive IoT features. This overview focuses on technical aspects of IoT communication enhancements in 3GPP networks.
This course exists in a longer version, IoT in 4G and 5G, covering all topics in much more detail.
Note: This course is not delivered with the FoldOut methodology.
- Humans vs devices: comparison of requirements and IoT specific aspect
- IoT technology landscape: local and wide-area networks
- 3GPP mobile IoT landscape: LPWA technologies in 3GPP networks
- Overview of power consuming activities in UE
- 4G PSM and 5G MICO
- eDRX and WUS
- Control Plane CIoT EPS and 5GS Optimisation
- User Plane CIoT EPS and 5GS Optimisation
- Overview of Unified Access Control in 4G and 5G
- Coverage Enhancements: levels, modes, parameters
- PUR – Preconfigured Uplink Resources for periodic UE communication
- NB-IoT operation modes and multi-carrier NB-IoT
- NB-IoT low-cost features and unsupported services
- Functionality of Exposure Functions in EPC and 5GC
- High-level overview of configuration of monitoring events
- Data Transport Options – EPC and 5GC
- Non-IP Data Delivery without User Plane nodes
- Concept of High-Latency Communication
- Overview of Dedicated Core Networks in 4G and Network Slicing in 5G
- List of UE authentication and authorisation options in 4G and 5G