This condensed 5G course is the perfect way to kick-start your path on the 5G journey, regardless of your end goal. Perhaps you are aiming for an expert level of knowledge, and this is your first stepping stone, or you just want to keep up with the buzz and learn what is going on at the current forefront of the mobile evolution.
This course also exists in half-day and one-day versions as well as a full three-day course. “5G in an Hour” provides enough foundation to be able to navigate the technical terms used to discuss modern 5G networks. It gives you the framework necessary to formulate relevant questions and understand how the major puzzle pieces of 5G fit together.
It has been designed to be fully covered by students within one hour.
General technical knowledge of computing as well as experience from Tele and/or Data communication is beneficial but not necessary.
NOTE: This course is not delivered with the FoldOut methodology.
What is 5G and why?
- How is 5G different from previous “Generations”
- How 5G is described and marketed by the different industry players
The 3GPP 5G System
- Evolution from 4G to 5G – Non-Stand Alone New Radio
5G Core Network
- Functionalities and services in 5G Core
- Main functions e.g. SMF, AMF, UPF
– The Next-Generation Radio Access Network
- gNB – The new base station
New Radio (NR)
- What makes New Radio “new” and different from previous radio technologies
- Frequency usage
Main 5G Use Cases
- eMBB – Extreme Mobile Broadband
- mMTC – Massive Machine-Type Communication
- URLLC – Ultra-Reliable and Low-Latency Communication
Some High-Level Technical Concepts of 5G
- Cloud and Virtualization
- Software-Defined Networking (SDN)
- Network Slicing
- MEC – Multi-Access Edge Computing